Are you looking for local grown and fresh product? You should go to Honiara Central Market. Here some tips for you :
- Bring your small cash/money, it makes it easier to buy/shop. Some of the vendors don’t have change and if they have, the notes are usually very dirty :).
- Don’t bargain. It’s not common for Solomon islander.
- Bring your own bag or basket. Most of the vendor don’t provide plastic bag. So rather than buying 1 SBD for 1 piece of plastic bag, better to bring your own, it will save the environment as well as your small money 🙂
- Somehow products sold on the ground (not on the table) is cheaper, especially fruits. With the same price you can get bigger size or larger amount.
- Relatively safe, but precaution with pick pocketing
- If you want to buy lots of fishes, you better come around 1- 4 pm, because the fresh fishes are just arrived.
- After shopping you may need a fresh shower afterwards 🙂
Honiara Central Market is open Monday – Saturday from morning to 6 pm, Sunday is closed but there still some traders outside the market.
And now, enjoy the pics and let them talk for themselves 🙂
Oops!!! where is the betel nut vendor ?!